Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Countersunk Washers


I was installing a small wall cabinet in my workshop today. The cabinet has a sheet metal back through which the fasteners go to attach it to the wall.

My first thought was to use round head screws with flat washers; then it dawned on me that there's a much more attractive alternative -- flat head screws with countersunk washers, like so.


As with virtually everything, there are endless varieties of countersunk washers. Pictured below are No.10 washers in brass, steel and stainless steel.



Those washers are of the configuration that seems to be most readily available, and that I'm familiar with. Other materials/finishes/configurations can no doubt be had.

Countersunk washers can really enhance the versatility of flat head screws. A basic supply of them is a good thing to have on hand.

# # #

FEEDBACK

# # #